CHAMPION AEROSPACE, INC. AVIATION CATALOG AV-14
In the early 1900s, small planes flew with single ignition systems powered by adapted automobile engines using Champion-brand automotive spark plugs. By the 1920s, the company had developed innovative spark plugs designed specifically for the aviation industry.
Champion Aerospace designs and manufactures Champion-brand piston-engine ignition components for both OEM and aftermarket for general aviation aircraft applications. Every spark plug manufactured has built-in design advantages that assure longer life and greater reliability.
A typical spark plug number with symbol explanation
1. Resistor None--No Resistor R--Mil-Spec. Resistor-Erosion protection
2. Barrel Style None -- Unshielded E -- Shielded 5/8"-24 Thread
H -- Shielded 3/4"-20 Thread (All Weather Plug)
3. Mounting Thread -- Reach -- Hex Size B-18mm 13/16" / 2.06cm 7/8" / 2.22cm M--18mm 1/2"/1.27cm 7/8"/2.22cm
L-14mm 1/2"/1.27cm 13/16/2.06cm U18mm 1-1/8"/2.85cm 13/16/2.06cm
J -- 14mm 3/8"/0.95cm 13/16/2.06cm
4. Heat Rating Position Low number--cold High number--hot
5. Electrode Design None-Conventional single E -- Two prong massive
N -- 4 prong massive
W -- Fine wire (Iridium) B --2 prong massive, Tangent to Center
P--Fine wire (Platinum)
* Shielded barrel thread size. Check barrel size - 5/8x24 or 3/4x20 threads before ordering and select proper plug number, See page 236 for Sparkplug Application Table.
** The "Iridium S" sparkplugs replace the Platinum and "W" Iridium types. Increased bore diameter improves scavenging action. Greater clearance volume can accept more combustion deposits. Single Iridium electrode offers greater resistance to lead attack. Easy to clean Easy to gap
Spark plugs are shipped in factory sealed plastic cases. Opened spark plug cases make the spark plugs non-returnable. Please do not open any spark plug until you are sure you have received the correct spark plugs for your application.
|Delivery||Usually within 1-2 weeks after placing order|